Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Begins


This is me begining my new blog. It is four days before our trip to Korea to visit the wife's family. We are both looking forward to the trip very much. For me, it will be a chance to renew my friendship with her mother, and her brothers. Her youngest brother, especially. He, and his wife really took good care of us on our last trip to Korea, in 2001. For my wife, it could be a bitter-sweet trip. Her mother isn't getting any younger, and this could be the last time they see each other in this life. Let's hope not. We will have to make a good faith effort to get over there more often. I'm hoping we can convince one or more of the brothers to make the trip to the United States, and mabey bring the mom with. We shall see. There are a lot of little details to get organized before our trip, so we'll be busy for the next few days. I am hoping to find a good internet connection in Korea, so we can keep in touch with friends, and family back here in Texas. I'll post as often as I can over the next few days, and from Korea if possible. Got to get to bed now, it's late.

No comments:

Post a Comment